Bay Roberts Swim Meet Schedule of events
8:00 to 8:20 Warm Up for the WaveRunners
8:30 – Officials meeting (Side entrance by bathrooms)
9:15 – Lunch – Freestyle, Fly, Backstroke
Lunch – 1 Hour
Afternoon – Breaststroke, IM
Here are some things to keep in mind for Bay Roberts this weekend.
- Warm-up is at 8:00 (optional) with events beginning at 9:00 am. The order is events has not yet been determined and may differ from the normal sequence due to Covid protocols. Updates will be shared as they become available.
- Non-Medical masks will be worn by all swimmers attending the swim meet while in the facility, with the exception of when they are swimming. Swimmers must bring multiple masks and a large ziploc bag with their name on it. Once it is the swimmers turn to race, they must proceed to the staging/marshalling area behind the officials with their mask on and follow directional instructions provided by the facility.
- Non-Medical masks will be worn by all Officials and Coaches in the facility.
- There will be no spectators allowed in the facility to view the swim meet. Organizers are working to steam the event on Youtube.
- Swimbags are permitted on deck.
- Swimmers are permitted to use the change rooms, but are STRONGLY encouraged to arrive at the pool wearing their swimsuits..
- Parents are to complete the Waiver and Assumption of Risk form prior to the meet. The Covid screening assessment is to be completed on the day of the meet before arriving in Bay Roberts. You can find the waiver here. https://new.waverunners.ca/bay-roberts-waiver/
- Parents/Gaurdians are to review the attached Return to Competition plan with their swimmers. (The file is attached)
- The school cafeteria will be utilized for athletes to minimize swimmers on the pool deck and is not expected to be available to parents as it was it the past. You may want to bring a lawn chair and hope for a sunny day!
Swimmers will be unable to compete if the waiver is not filled out before Sunday. If you are attending the Bay Roberts swim meet please remember to fill out the waiver.
The actual races will be broadcast live on youtube, so you can share the link when it’s made available with other family members or friends that don’t make the trip.
The Return to competition document is below (4 pages long)